Happy Earth Day! At Milk Specialties Global, we have an ongoing commitment to improve sustainable resources around the communities that house our manufacturing facilities, the overall environment, and our carbon footprint.
We call this commitment our Green Focus:
- Since 2013, through our Green Focus efforts, we have reduced water consumption by 30%, for a total reduction of 110,000,000 gallons per year.
- 7,700 MT reduction in the emission of CO2 gases per year.
- Utilize nearly 100% of our raw materials and by-products, which results in nearly zero product waste.
- Even with the decrease in cow numbers, the national milk production has increased by 60%. As a result, the carbon footprint of a glass of milk is 2/3 smaller than it was 70 years ago.
- 21% decrease in utility consumption per unit.
Our efficiency updates add up fast – without our energy consumption savings, the cost to produce our products would’ve been an additional 4 million dollars over the past 5 years.
We believe in doing our part to protect the earth!